The Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC is the apex of the headphone world.
Many years of development and research went into the making of what many consider the finest sounding headphone money can buy. Patented ultra thin speakers deliver a most natural sound to your ears.
This latest version boasts our factory applied oven cured ceramic coating in a two tone luxury black color for a more sophisticated look. Larger more comfortable ear pads improve the sound even further, in total taking the Phi’s acoustic performance to even higher levels of sonic bliss.
From the very first note you will hear musicians and instruments in a whole new way. Voices appear out of nowhere and float in between your ears. Piano is in front of you to the left, singers in front of your forehead while drums are slightly forward of them. No electronic tricks, simply the natural sounds of the recording coming through striking emotional chords, that’s Abyss. The AB-1266 Phi can convey the power of a huge symphony and the nuances of the quietest sounds in nature, a private concert for one.
- Made in the USA. We machine and finish all aluminum frame components and produce our planer speaker drivers in-house in Buffalo, New York. Deluxe leather carry bag made in California. Wooden box made in New York state.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality two-tone polymer ceramic finish, the hardest thin film coating in the world. Custom colors can be made to order.
- Patented planar magnetic transducer design utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Effortless dynamics and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a private room.
- Matched driver pairs.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique foamed aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears. ‘Abyss’ embroidered logo.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above (made in New York).
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.