Elegia is an audiophile circum-aural closed-back pair of headphones from Focal. The ergonomic design makes them
incredibly comfortable and offers excellent sound isolation, making these headphones the ideal solution for long
listening sessions. Continuing its headphone development programme, the Focal R&D team has introduced several
new innovations, all with incredible audio performance in mind. The full-range ‘M’-shape aluminium/magnesium
dome speaker driver provides a very high frequency response, which is the basis for Elegia’s supremely dynamic
sound. In addition, the frameless voice coil, which is lightweight yet incredibly stiff, reproduces the minutest details that adds to the convincing all-round performance. With its incredible tonal balance combined with long-term comfort, the Elegia is a key reference in the high-end closed-back headphones sector.
• High-end closed-back design for home use and on-the-go
• Exclusive full-range speaker-driver with an ‘M’-shape aluminium/magnesium dome (patent pending)
• Incredible tonal balance, which is able to reproduce the subtlest sound details at both very high and very low
• Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player.
• Very good ambient noise soundproofing
• Comfortable and ergonomic
Type Circum-aural closed back headphones
Impedance 35 Ohms
Sensitivity 105 dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1 kHz
THD 0.1 % @ 1 kHz / 100 dB SPL
Frequency response 5 Hz-23 kHz
Speaker driver 1.57″ (40 mm) ‘M’-shape Aluminium/
Weight 15.4 lbs (430 g)
3.94 feet (1.2 m) asymmetric cable
(0.14″ – 3.5 mm TRS jack).
0.14″ (3.5 mm) to 0.25″ (6.35 mm)
stereo jack adapter.
Hard-shell carry case provided 10″ x 9″ x 5″ (250 x 240 x 120 mm)